Say what?! Healthy chicken nugget recipe? I’m in! Read on…
Makes about 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1.5 cups finely crushed corn flakes (found in health food stores)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse oatmeal, or corn flakes in a food processor until fine crumbs form (or take a rolling pin to them in a large zip-loc bag).
- Place in a shallow dish.
- In a food processor, place the chicken pieces, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pulse until chicken is finely chopped.
- Take a spoonful of the chicken mixture and using your hands, roll and flatten into small nugget patties.
- Roll the nugget patty into crumbs, pressing gently for crumbs to adhere.
- (You can freeze them once they are coated in flakes crumbs; They will last up to 3 months if wrapped well. When ready to cook them, bake from frozen)
- Place nuggets in the lined baking sheet and bake at 375 f. for 12 min on the middle rack or just until cooked through, flipping half way through baking.
- Remove from oven and let nuggets rest a few minutes before serving.
- Don’t over-bake or else your nuggets or they will start to get dry.
Credit Rachel Maser at Clean Food Crush